Veterans COVID-19 Response Fund
Your support and contributions will enable WFEF to meet our goal of helping to provide food, shelter, and supportive services to our nation's military veterans and their families, and other at-risk individuals during the COVID-19 pandemic.
A donation of just $10 will provide a well-stocked Patricia's Project hygiene kit for someone in need.
Walker Family Events Foundation (“WFEF”) is operating through a fiscal sponsorship with Players Philanthropy Fund (Federal Tax ID: 27-6601178), a Maryland charitable trust with federal tax-exempt status as a public charity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions to WFEF are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
- RSVP ClosedWed, Mar 17Across the street from 11604 San Vicente Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90049
- Operation Restore HopeSat, Feb 27Woodlawn Memorial Park
- OSAAT Christmas Toy EventSun, Dec 20Woodlawn CemeteryDec 20, 2020, 8:00 AMWoodlawn Cemetery, Compton, CA 90220, USAPlease call 310.933.8850 for early registration for our drive-through toy drive, calls will be taken as they come, and the family will get a confirmation number to collect donated gifts on 12/20/2020. One Section At A Time is also allowing drive-ups, but donations are first come first serve.
- RSVP ClosedSun, Dec 20Woodlawn Cemetery
- RSVP ClosedSat, Dec 19VFW Post 5394Dec 19, 2020, 11:00 AM – 2:00 PMVFW Post 5394, 303 E Palmer St, Compton, CA 90221, USALet's save Christmas 2020 for our kids! Walker Family Events Foundation is partnering with Compton Veterans to provide gifts for low-income families in the community. Kids aged 0 to 15 years will be eligible to receive a gift bag. Families must RSVP and children must be present at the event.
- RSVP ClosedSun, Dec 13WLA VA Hospital
- Christmas Toy DriveSun, Nov 29303 E Palmer St
What We Do
The Walker Family Events Foundation provides COVID-19 response assistance to veterans and their families who are homeless or at-risk of homelessness. We provide financial and volunteer support to non-profit organizations, community-led movements, and various worthy causes in the city of Compton and all over Southern California. Our purpose is to promote unity, civic responsibility, and help improve the overall well-being of our neighborhoods and our nation's service members.
Named in honor of my late mother, who served in the U.S. Air Force, Patricia's Project builds and distributes well-stocked hygiene kits to unhoused veterans. To request hygiene kits for your organization, please contact us.
To minimize the health risks to our veterans, gloves and masks are worn during kit assembly. There is also a 48-hour resting period before distribution.
food and housing
Food justice and housing security are both important parts of community justice. We take donations from local businesses, and generous people like you, and use them to fight hunger and homelessness. We partner with great community organizations that are providing resources and supportive services to veterans.
We organize and mobilize teams of volunteers to make a real difference by supporting local non-profit organizations in their efforts to make our communities better. Come connect with people in new ways. Join us and our family in volunteering and see what can be accomplished when you get an impassioned team to focus on change.